Your CEX.IO account is protected with two-factor authentication (2FA). This is an additional security measure that keeps your funds and personal data safe by requiring you to provide a 2FA code to log in to CEX.IO and complete certain actions with your CEX.IO account.
If you need to change the phone number at which you receive 2FA codes or switch your 2FA method to Google Authenticator, there are two ways to do that:
- Submit a request on the CEX.IO Help Center.
- Disconnect your previous phone number on the Security page.
If you’ve lost access to your previous phone number
If you need to change the phone number at which you receive 2FA codes but don’t have access to your previous phone number, please submit a request via emailing at email@example.com.
When submitting a request on the Help Center, choose “2FA Disable Request or Withdrawal Pin Code Reset Request” from the drop-down list and provide the necessary information together with ID confirmation photos. As soon as our support team reviews your request and disables your current 2FA method, you will be able to use another phone number to activate 2FA.
If you have access to your previous phone number
If you have access to the phone number that’s currently registered for receiving 2FA codes, you can change your 2FA phone number in the Profile menu of your CEX.IO account under the Security tab. Also, you can switch on 2FA codes using Google Authenticator.
Since your current 2FA method is connected to your previous phone number, you’ll need to disable 2FA first before setting up a new 2FA method. To disable 2FA:
- Select Edit Settings
- Choose Deactivate 2FA and confirm the action with the 2FA code sent to the phone number currently registered for receiving 2FA codes for your CEX.IO account.
Then re-enable 2FA with your new phone number or switch your 2FA method to Google Authenticator:
- Click Enable 2FA
- Choose the SMS/Phone Request option and follow the steps below. If you want to switch your 2FA method to Google Authenticator, select Smartphone App and follow the instructions.
- In the pop-up window, enter your new phone number.
- Choose the method you want to use to receive your 2FA code.
- Enter the code received to the new phone number.
That’s it! Now you’ll receive 2FA codes to your new phone number. Here is the short video with tips: