If you want to trade crypto by placing limit and market orders, you’ll need to fund your CEX.IO balance first. You can do that in several ways:
- Payment card
- Bank transfer (SWIFT, SEPA, ACH, Faster Payments)
The payment methods available depend on your jurisdiction and account verification level.
Here’s a detailed guide on how to deposit funds and trade cryptocurrencies on CEX.IO.
Make a deposit
- You can make a crypto deposit and send funds from your external wallet.
- If you want to deposit with your debit/credit card, you’ll need to link your card first.
- To be able to deposit via bank transfer, you’ll need to pass Identity and Address verification.
Trade: Buy or Sell
To place an order on CEX.IO:
- Go to the Trade page.
- On the left of the chart, select a pair that matches the fiat currency you’ve deposited.
If you select BTC/USD and click Buy, for instance, you’ll be able to buy BTC and sell USD. By choosing Sell with the same currency pair, you’ll be able to sell BTC and buy USD.
3. Choose the type of order (market or limit).
A market order allows you to buy or sell crypto at the current market rate. Such orders are filled instantly.
When placing a limit order, you specify the price at which you wish to buy or sell your crypto. Limit orders are filled when the price reaches the specified level or better.
- To place a market buy order, select the Market tab.
Then enter the amount of fiat currency you wish to spend. You’ll see the estimated amount of BTC you’ll receive calculated automatically in the next field. Then hit Buy now. If you wish to sell BTC, choose Instant sell BTC, enter the amount you want to sell, and click Sell now.
- To place a limit order, open the Limit tab.
Then enter the amount you wish to buy and specify the price at which you want your order completed. Finally, click Place order. When the price reaches the specified level, your limit order will be filled and coins or fiat will be added to your balance.
Happy trading with CEX.IO!