Your password is a basic security measure that protects your account. It’s important to keep the password safe and not share it with anyone in order to keep your funds and data security.
If you’ve forgotten your password and can’t sign in – or if you want to update your password for security reasons – you can easily change it by following a few simple steps.
I forgot my password and can’t sign in
To reset your password:
- Click on Forgot your password? on the sign-in page
- Enter your email address
- Click Submit
We’ll send you a confirmation email to the address associated with your account. Confirm changing the password by following the instructions in this email. You’ll be redirected to a page where you can enter a new password.
Finally, enter your two-factor authentication (2FA) code to complete the password change.
All done! You can use your new password and log in to your account.
I know my password but I want to change it
If you want to change your password to a stronger one (or simply update it) to protect your CEX.IO account, you can do this in your account settings.
Go to your Profile page and fill in the required information in the Change Password block:
- Your current password
- A new password (You’ll need to enter it twice.)
- Your 2FA code to confirm changes
Then click on Change Password.
You’ll receive a confirmation email to the address associated with your account. Click the Confirm button in the email to verify the changes and use your new password.
If you don’t receive an email confirming the password change, we recommend:
- Checking your spam folder
- Adding email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your email white list
- Clearing the cache and cookies in your browser and trying again
When creating your new password:
- Make sure no auto-fill option is activated in your browser. Auto-fill features can mistype your password after you change it.
- Choose a strong password. We recommend that your new password has:
- More than 8 characters
- Digits and non-letter symbols
- A mix of capital and lowercase letters
If you have any questions or issues, our Support Team is available 24/7.