As a company with a positive reputation and years of history, CEX.IO is an outstanding platform for trading. The CEX.IO platform offers users a variety of methods to deposit and withdraw funds. Wire transfers are one of the most popular methods since they’re completely free and usually clear within three business days.
Using bank transfers on CEX.IO is easy, and the whole process is quite straightforward. Here are the guidelines on sending USD, EUR, or GBP to CEX.IO by bank transfer. If you’re residing in Europe, you can use either SEPA or SWIFT transfer to fund your CEX.IO account with EUR.
Before you start, check if you’ve verified your account. Only verified users can fund their CEX.IO accounts via wire transfer. You can learn your status in the Verification section of the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the screen.
If you aren’t verified yet, take 15 minutes to get verified and enable wire transfers.
After your application has been checked and approved, you can initiate a wire deposit following the steps below:
1. Press the Deposit button. It’s located in the upper right part of your screen on the CEX.IO website.
2. Among the available options, choose Bank transfer.
3. Read the warning that opens and check the box to continue with the deposit process.
4. Choose your bank country in the drop-down menu.
5. Decide which currency you would like to use. Bank deposits are available for USD, EUR, and GBP transfers.
6. Input the amount you’ll send to CEX.IO. Make sure this matches the amount you’re actually sending. If the sums are different, it may result in a processing mistake or a delay.
7. After filling everything out, press Proceed. You’ll then see payment details for the transfer. At your bank, use these details exactly as they’re written to send the money.
You’ll receive the beneficiary name, beneficiary address, beneficiary bank account number (IBAN), beneficiary bank name, beneficiary bank address, beneficiary bank SWIFT, and your reference number.
For convenience, you can download a file with payment details or print them out to use them at your bank later. While filling out the bank form, indicate the details you’ve received. Additionally, check that the amount you’re sending is exactly the amount you’ve applied for. These simple measures will ensure a flawless deposit experience.
After you’ve sent the money, you can speed up its processing. If you’d like, you can send a document to firstname.lastname@example.org proving that you’ve sent the money. This will help us to process your payment faster and arrange that it lands in your CEX.IO account as soon as possible.
Successful wire deposit checklist
- You’ve already verified your CEX.IO account.
- You’ve used the correct payment details.
- You’ve indicated the order number in the Reference field correctly.
- You’ve sent the precise amount you requested.
- You’ve sent the money from your personal bank account.
Funding your CEX.IO account by wire transfer is simple. But keep in mind that payments must be sent in your name. We can’t accept payments sent from people other than the account owner. If we receive payments from anyone else, we’ll have to transfer them back to the bank account that sent them. Note that bank charges will be applied in such cases, meaning that the bank account holder will receive back less than they initially sent.
We hope that these instructions will make funding your CEX.IO account a breeze.