Verification on CEX.IO allows users to get higher deposit and withdrawal limits and do more than simply buy crypto. You can easily verify your identity using your mobile phone. Our simple and convenient verification flow uses advanced technologies to improve your experience.
Preparing for verification on CEX.IO
Before you start verification process,
2) Prepare all the necessary documents:
- An international passport/national ID card/driver’s license. This document should be valid and internationally recognized. Check that it’s issued with Latin characters or with Latin transliteration of the main fields.
- A piece of paper and a pen.
- Your tax identification number (or social security number if you’re residing in the US or Costa Rica).
3) Log in to the CEX.IO app with your username and password for CEX.IO. Then tap on Profile and choose Verification.
To complete verification, follow the steps below.
Step 1. Verify your identity
Country of residence
Prove your country of residence, which is the country where you’re currently living.
- Tap on Country and choose your country from the list. If your country has states or provinces, please indicate the state or province in which you reside. Users in the US should also provide their county.
- If you’re residing in the US or Costa Rica, enter your social security number. If you’re residing elsewhere, you can provide your tax identification number or turn the switch off to skip this field.
- Check that all the information you’ve provided is correct. If everything is accurate, tap Next.
Proof of identity
Submit a photo of an international passport, national ID card, or driver’s license.
- Input the issuing country and choose the type of identity document. Tap Next.
- Take a photo of your identity document. If it’s a national ID card or driver’s license, take a photo of the front and back. Make sure that all edges of the document fit in the frame on the screen and that details are visible.
Fill out the form with your personal information. All information should be provided in Latin characters. If the form was filled automatically, check everything for accuracy and correct any fields if necessary. Once you’re ready, tap Next.
Fill in the information from your document.
Enter the serial number, date of issue, issuing country, and expiry date (if applicable) for the document you’ve provided. Once you’re ready, tap Next.
Selfie with your document
Make sure you have your document, a piece of paper, and a pen at hand.
On the piece of paper, write:
- “I’m a CEX.IO customer”
- The current date in DD/MM/YYYY format
- Your signature
Now take a selfie while holding both your ID and the note next to your face. Make sure that all text is visible.
The app will take the selfie in landscape layout, so start by flipping your device horizontally. You’ll see the screen is divided into two parts. Your face should fit in the frame on the left and the documents you’re holding should be on the right. Once your face and documents are recognized, blink to take a photo.
Before submitting your selfie, make sure it meets the following requirements:
- You’re looking straight at the camera.
- The background is a light, neutral color.
- Your selfie is in color.
- No red eye!
- You’re NOT wearing sunglasses, a hat, or a headband.
- Information in your ID document is clearly visible.
You can also ask someone to take a photo for you. In this case, just switch to the rear camera.
Step 2. Verify your address
To complete verification, confirm your address. To do so, you can use:
- A bank statement
- An electricity bill
- A utility bill
- A tax return/council tax document
- Another official document with your address
When taking a photo, make sure that your document meets the following requirements:
- It contains your first and last name, your home address, and credentials of the entity issuing the document on the same page.
- It was issued within the last 4 months and contains a date of issue.
- It was issued with Latin characters or with Latin transliteration.
- It is a paper document.
Photo of the document
Now, take a photo and check that it’s readable. You can submit photos of up to 10 pages of the document if necessary.
Provide your street address, apartment/suite number (optional), country, state/province, county (for US residents), city, and zip code.
Once you’ve filled in all the fields, check that all information is correct and tap Next.
Step 3. Link a social media profile (optional)
This step is optional, but completing it increases your chance of passing verification successfully.
To help our compliance officers, please link your personal profile on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter.
You’re also welcome to provide a link to your personal website.
If you don’t want to link your social media accounts, just tap Next two times. If you do so, your application will be sent without information about your social media profiles.
Processing identity verification requests
After you’ve submitted this information, your application will be placed in the queue and will receive a number.
Compliance officers process all applications in the order they’re received. As soon as there’s a decision on your verification request, you’ll be updated in the app and by email.
In some cases, the compliance team may need to ask for clarification or for photos of higher quality. In such a situation, the status of your application will change to Action needed. If this happens, review the information and the uploaded documents. After you’ve made the necessary corrections, your application will be sent for review again.
If the compliance department rejects your verification application, you won’t be able to apply for verification again for the next 30 days. After this period, you can submit a new verification request.
Applying for a higher verification level
Additionally, you can get even higher deposit and withdrawal limits. Should you need them, you can apply for Enhanced or Corporate verification levels. To do so, submit a request by tapping the Submit request button for the respective verification level. You’ll then receive an email with instructions on how to proceed.
Sharing feedback on the verification process
Once you’re done, we’ll ask you to provide feedback on the verification process. We would be grateful for your response, as this feedback helps us to improve our service, ensuring that it meets your needs and is as simple as possible to use.
We hope that the new verification flow will enable a better experience with CEX.IO.