In order to make deposits and withdrawals using a payment card, your card should be confirmed by your bank and verified by our Compliance Officer.
Please note that only users who are over 18 years old are allowed to initiate operations using payment cards.
You can use VISA, MasterCard or virtual cards.
Here is a video description of the process followed by text explanation:
1. Provide information about your card
To make a card deposit/withdrawal for the first time, you need to add a payment card to your account and provide the following information:
- First Name (as mentioned in your identity document)
- Last Name (as mentioned in your identity document)
- Card number (16 digits)
- Expiry date (MM/YY format)
First Name and Last Name fields should correspond to the name mentioned in your identity document (NOT your payment card). As this is the person on behalf of whom the payment will be processed.
Payee’s name should only contain characters of Latin alphabet, without diacritics (e.g. if your name is Иван Каменев, please type Ivan Kamenev; if your name is Maria Abád, please type Maria Abad).
After you've entered the card info, check the boxes to confirm that you:
- have provided valid and up-to-date information, and
- agree that your information will be viewed by the Compliance Officer.
2. Upload photos proving ownership
Please provide the following photos:
- A selfie with a payment card and note.
2 photos, one with your payment card next to your ID's front side and another photo of your payment card with your ID's back side – this only applies to the users who have not verified their identity.
A. Selfie with a payment card and note
Please, make a selfie while holding the payment card that you used to fill in the form together with the paper note “For CEX.IO crypto currency exchange”.
- The note must be handwritten, not typed.
- The note and the document must be in English.
- The note must have the current date.
- The note must have your signature.
- None of the text can be covered.
Before uploading an image to the Verification form, please, make sure to follow these photo requirements:
- Look straight into the camera
- The photo should be in colour
- Your face and card information must be clearly visible
- DO NOT wear sunglasses, a hat, or a headband
- The image should be in high resolution (min 300 dpi)
- Allowed formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, and PDF
- File size should be no more than 15 MB
An additional photo can be required by our Compliance Officer in case of any security queries.
Example of a good selfie:
B. Photo of the payment card next to an ID
If you have not verified your identity, you have to provide 2 photos of your payment card next to an identity document, one with the front side of the identity document and another with the back side of your identity document.
You have to provide one of the following identity documents:
- National ID card (both sides) or national passport (reversal);
- International passport (reversal);
- Driving license (both sides). Please note that we accept a driving license as proof of your identity only if it is a plastic card, and all the information in it is provided with Latin transliteration.
Please note that we only accept identity documents issued in English or transliterated in characters of Latin alphabet.
Requirements for identity documents
- Your card and identity document must be in one photo and be fully visible.
- Only photos of original documents will be accepted.
- Information in your card and ID must be clearly visible.
A photo taken with a mobile phone is preferred.
Once all the necessary information and documents are provided, your payment is being processed.
Your card information needs to be verified by a Compliance Officer. It might take a few hours. Also, if necessary, Compliance agency may request additional information regarding your card and a small charge transaction.
As soon as the check is done, you will receive an email notifying you that the payment has been successfully processed.
After you have made your first deposit, your payment card information is saved in your profile.
When making the subsequent deposits, you can:
- select the existing payment card (which we have verified), or
- add a new one.
You can add as many payment cards as you need to your profile, and then use any of them when making a deposit.