In case you want to withdraw fiat funds or increase your payment limits, you need to verify your identity. We'll ask you to provide us with some personal information and supporting documents, according to AML/KYC Policy to prevent fraud causes. Verification at CEX.IO is very simple and intuitive.
Follow the steps below to complete it successfully:
1. Identity Document
You can provide a passport, an ID card, or a driving license as your ID document. Please, fill in the data from your ID using characters of Latin alphabet as shown in the example below:
1. Issuing country
2. Identity document serial number
3. Document issue date
5. First name
6. Last Name
7. Date of birth
8. Place of birth
2. Personal information
Fill in up-to-date information about your residential (Current) address and permanent address. If your residential(Current) address matches your permanent address, you can check “Same as residential” next to Permanent address on the right. Please keep in mind that your permanent address should be the same as your billing address used for official correspondence.
4. Scans of Documents
Please, upload photos/scans of the documents supporting the information you provided in the previous steps. Make sure that your photos/scans meet the following requirements:
- the document is valid until the expiry date (specified in the document) is reached;
- Photos/Scans of both sides of the document should be uploaded ;
- Scanned images should be in colour and in high resolution (at least 300 dpi);
- Allowed formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF or PDF;
- File size should be no more than 15 MB;
- Photos/Scans should not be older than 3 months;
- the document is issued using the characters of Latin alphabet or has Latin transliteration of the main fields.
4.a. Identity documents
Please, provide photos/scans of the identity document that you used to fill in the Verification form. Choose one of the following options:
- National ID card (both sides) or national passport (reversal);
- International passport (reversal);
- Driving license (both sides).
Please note that we accept a driving license as proof of your identity only if it is a plastic card, and all the information in it is provided with Latin transliteration.
Our compliance department may ask you to provide another identity document/passport in case of any security queries.
Example of a document:
4.b. Selfie with an identity document and note
Make a selfie while holding the identity document that you used to fill in the Verification form together with the paper note “For CEX.IO crypto currency exchange”.
- The note must be handwritten, not typed.
- The note and the document must be in English.
- The note must have the current date.
- The note must have your signature.
- None of the text can be covered.
Before uploading an image to the Verification form, please, make sure to follow these photo requirements:
- You are looking straight at the camera.
- Your background has a light, neutral colour.
- Your selfie is in colour.
- No red eye!
- DO NOT wear sunglasses, a hat or a headband.
- Information in your document must be clearly visible.
In case of a low-quality selfie, the Compliance Officer may ask you to try uploading it once more.
Example of a good selfie:
4.c. Proof of residency
Please, provide photos/scans of the documents proving the address stated in the Verification form. Choose one of the following options:
- Utility bill (NOT mobile phone, satellite/cable TV or printed Internet bills);
- Electricity bill;
- Bank statement;
- Tax return, council tax;
- Other documents, with an exception of electronic bills/statements, online screenshots, mobile phone bills or credit card statements.
If you only have an online utility bill or electricity bill, then you may provide it following such obligatory requirements:
- Upload the full document (all pages) in PDF format.
- Make a screenshot of the website where you make your payments. The screenshot should contain an open document which you have provided to us. On your screenshot, we must clearly see the website URL!
Please, make sure that your scans correspond to the following requirements:
- Documents should be valid due to issue date (issued within the last 4 months);
- Proof of residency document is addressed to your NAME;
- Proof of residency document is addressed to HOME address (not a P.O. Box or any sided address);
- Proof of residency document must be a photo or scanned image of a PAPER document;
- Documents should be issued using characters of Latin alphabet;
- Proof of residency document must contain DATE of ISSUE.
If you do not have any documents from the list above with Latin transliteration, you can provide us with one of the following:
- Bank statement with your NAME and ADDRESS in English;
- Confirmation from your work/college/university/care institution confirming your name, address and details of employment/studies/residency status with signature and official stamp.
Example of a document:
Verification procedure does not usually take long. In rare cases, however, it might take up to 24 hours. Our Compliance team will try to review and approve all the information you have provided as soon as possible. Also, if necessary, our Compliance agency may request additional information, photos and/or documents. In case you experience any issues, please, contact our 24/7 support team.