As part of CEX.IO’s crypto trading functionality migration to Exchange Plus, we updated our Exchange App, empowering our customers to take the ultimate trading platform with them, wherever they go.
Below, we’ve assembled some of the new features that this update introduces for CEX.IO Exchange App users. It’s already active on Android devices, the iOS version will be released soon.
All orders placed via CEX.IO Exchange App will be executed on the Exchange Plus platform. It features deeper liquidity compared to our legacy Exchange, providing users with narrower spreads, and minimal price slippage.
Initially, Market and Limit orders will be available in the mobile app. Stop Limit orders, which can be placed on the web Exchange Plus terminal, will be added in future updates.
We recently added over 200 markets on Exchange Plus. Now the platform offers the same suite of cryptocurrencies as our legacy Exchange, but with a wider spectrum of currency pairs for each asset. This means now you can access more ways to trade/exchange your favorite crypto using CEX.IO Exchange App.
Dedicated trading accounts
Exchange Plus features several trading accounts, which can be used to diversify the risk management of a trading strategy, or to better organize finances. By default, all users have their Exchange Plus Main account for trading operations in the app. If necessary, you can create up to five sub-accounts. Here are some basic strategies for using them.
Keep in mind that Exchange App users can only use sub-accounts which have been previously created on the web Exchange Plus platform. The ability to create new sub-accounts via CEX.IO Exchange App will be added soon. Find more details about managing sub-accounts here.
How to start trading
In order to use Exchange Plus functionality, users first need to move funds to a dedicated trading account from their CEX.IO Wallet. As an example, we will move funds to a user’s Main account created on Exchange Plus. Here is how to transfer funds there:
Tap the Wallet button on the lower side of the screen, and you will see two tabs — Wallet Balance and Trade Balance.
Wallet Balance reflects funds in your CEX.IO Wallet, while Trade Balance displays information about trading accounts on Exchange Plus.
2. Choose Trade Balance, and then tap the Transfer button when your “Main account” is selected.
3. On the Transfer screen, define the transaction details, including what asset you want to deposit to the trading account, and its amount. Transactions between CEX.IO Wallet and trading accounts, as well as between sub-accounts, are instant and free of charge.
4. Once entered relevant details, tap the Transfer button to confirm the transaction. After that, you will be able to use the transferred amount of funds for trading in the app.
5. Go to the Trade Pro menu on the lower side of the screen, and select Trade to open the trading terminal. The “Main account” is selected by default, meaning you can start trading right away.
If necessary, you can move funds back to the CEX.IO Wallet following the same process, after completing your trades. Alternatively, tap Balance below the Account selector to enter the Transfer screen, and move your funds between different accounts.
Selecting sub-accounts for trading
One of the major updates in the Exchange App trading terminal is an Account Selector above order type tabs. If you have several sub-accounts, then:
Tap the account name to open a selector.
2. After that, you will be able to choose which account you want to use for trading.
Placing an order
In order to exchange crypto, you first need to define your order type. The Market order is selected by default.
2. Enter the amount of crypto/fiat currency you want to exchange.
3. Tap the Buy, or Sell, button, depending on what you want to do with a preferred asset.
4. After that, confirm the transaction for its following execution.