The CEX.IO Exchange service allows you to easily convert funds from one currency to another, even if there’s no pair on CEX.IO. Instead of placing market and limit orders, you can simply select currencies from the list and convert them in a few clicks.
If a direct exchange pair is not available, we use an intermediary currency that can be traded against your input and output currencies on CEX.IO.
For example, if you want to convert ETH to XRP, we’ll do the conversion in two steps:
- Sell ETH for BTC
- Buy XRP for BTC
In the end, you’ll get XRP on your CEX.IO balance in exchange for ETH.
To use the Exchange feature, open the CEX.IO mobile app and follow these steps:
1. Tap Exchange in the bottom menu.
2. Choose the currencies to convert From and To.
3. Enter the amount to convert manually or by moving a slider. You can also select 25%, 50%, or 75% of your balance — or exchange all of your assets.
4. Tap Exchange now and confirm the action by clicking the Convert button.
Check your balance on the Wallet page. The currency you’ve exchanged your funds for will be on your CEX.IO balance in seconds.
- The final amount you receive can differ from the estimated amount due to market moves.
- You can find information about transaction details and fees in the Trade Pro → History tab in the CEX.IO mobile app. Conversions made via the Exchange feature are displayed as market orders.
Still don’t have the CEX.IO mobile app? Download it here: